SANTA BARBARA DANCEWORKS
Most new dance is created in a studio setting with just a few rehearsals on stage before it debuts. Not so here in Santa Barbara. DANCEworks, a partnership between SUMMERDANCE Santa Barbara and the Lobero Theatre Foundation is the only dance residency in the United States on an actual theatre stage for an entire month.
- Join us for 1st Thursday: After Hours to meet the company!
- Auditions for Sweeney Todd community performers are on Sept 1 & 2
- 2015 Residency with Adam Barruch begins Aug 31, with two performances Sept 25 & 26
- The Independent previews Adam's performance from Apr 19
- Rave reviews for Brian Brooks Moving Company
- Doug Elkins Choreography, etc. performs a new work and an old one at Jacob’s Pillow
- Mark Dendy’s Dystopian Distractions named one of the best new pieces of choreography in 201
Become a DANCEworks Insider by making a contribution of $50 or more, and you'll be invited to view rehearsals and receptions with Mr. Barruch and his company each Friday of their residency. Friday Club has been a big hit -- and is a rare opportunity to see a New York choreographer create an ambitious new work of Dance Theater. Sept 4, 11, 18 | 5-6:30 PM | Lobero Theatre