SANTA BARBARA DANCEWORKS
Most new dance is created in a studio setting with just a few rehearsals on stage before it debuts. Not so here in Santa Barbara. DANCEworks, a partnership between SUMMERDANCE Santa Barbara and the Lobero Theatre Foundation established itself as the only dance residency in the United States on an actual theatre stage for an entire month.
After 11 years of groundbreaking residencies and the creation of dozens of critical new works of contemporary dance, DANCEworks has taken its final curtain call. We wish to thank all of the choreographers, dancers, and the supportive Santa Barbara community that made it all possible.
- Doug Varone and Dancers Bring Down the Curtain on Two Decades
- Kate Weare Company + Union Tanguera are taking Sin Salida on Tour
- The Independent dives into DANCEworks 10th Anniversary
- Fjord review interviews Dianne Vapnek
- The Independent profiles 21st Century Tango and a glowing review
- Rave Review for FUTURE PERFECT from the Independent!
- Adam Barruch Dance featured on the COVER OF THE INDEPENDENT!